Pages

.

Should I watch Hikaru no Go ?

Image from Animenewsnetwork.com

Japanese Title   : ヒカルの碁
Original Creator : Hotta, Yumi (堀田 由美)
Genre            : Sports

do you hate sports anime ? or you just hate overpowered main character ? or maybe you only hate weird and illogical move ?

well in advance just let me tell you this. you might fall in love if you watch at least half of total episode on this anime. and you won't find weird move on it, since that's just how this sports works in real life (maybe). and the main character it self is not overpowered. so don't hesitate to watch this anime.

The Story of this anime will revolve around Shindou Hikaru which got possessed by the spirit of Fujiwara no Sai. Sai was once a great Go player, who committed suicide and continued to stay in the world as a spirit desiring only to play Go once again. That is how Shindou was forced by Sai to play Go and began his Go's Journey. 

before we continue, I think you need to know what we're going to see on this anime. for a brief, according to Wikipedia.org. Go is a Chinese abstract strategy board game for two players, in which the aim is to surround more territory than the opponent. and yes it's a game that imported from China. if you want to know more you might want to see this video made by Udacity.


Okay, let's continue the review :)

The anime it self was made in 2001, so don't hope too much for a high quality graphic. Thankfully that they have a good art which make this anime watchable even now. I think it still be able to compete with current anime's graphic. well that's only my opinion though :)

Unfortunately the story telling in this anime is not well stabilized. which might make you feel bored in some part of the story. for an example there are some episode when they just neglect the main character development and tell the development of side character instead which I think they can just cut it and explain it with narration or adding little scene that explain it. Overall they do have a lot of potential on the Story.

I won't give a commentary about their soundtrack, just find out about it your self. I just don't like it and can't bring my self to love it.

You must have realize that in this review all the way here I used a lot of negative statement such as;
  • The anime is old. 
  • The story not well stabilized
  • I don't like the soundtrack, etc

well I do tell you that they have a lot of potential though, and I do tell you how I like it because there are no overpowered main character and there are no illogical move here. I know that is not enough to convince you to watch this anime. Then, allow me to tell you why I love this anime. 

Despite the fact that they doesn't have a good story telling, they somehow manage to explain the development of all necessary character. The story is heartwarming which won't make you get bored too easily with this anime (we all love heartwarming story right ?). and of course the most important thing is they manage to deliver the message of the story. I think that's enough to make you reconsider to watch it :) (I Hope)

Well at the end it's too bad that they don't continue the anime, I read the manga instead though. That's all my review about this anime. tell me what do you think about this anime on the comment section. (R25)





No comments:

Post a Comment